BECOME A PARISH PARTNER!
What is the Dialogue for Justice?
The Dialogue for Justice is an Archdiocesan-wide initiative to strengthen Catholic advocacy on behalf of poor and vulnerable people in our communities. The goal of the Dialogue for Justice is to partner with parishes and Catholic organizations to effectively advocate to reduce poverty in our communities. The Dialogue for Justice is sponsored by the Archdiocese of Seattle and coordinated by Catholic Community Services, the Intercommunity Peace & Justice Center, and the Washington State Catholic Conference.
What can we do?
To become a Dialogue for Justice Parish Partner:
- Sign the Partnership Pledge and return it in the enclosed pre-addressed envelope (or send it to Dialogue for Justice, Attn: Mary Brown, 100 – 23rd Avenue S, Seattle, WA 98144)
- Include advocacy for the poor and vulnerable in your parish homilies all year round.
- Pray as a community for poverty reduction.
- Educate your parish community about advocacy on behalf of the poor and vulnerable:
ü Invite a speaker to present on Catholic Social Teaching and Advocacy.*
ü Host a forum on the poverty issues.*
- Organize a group from your community to attend a legislator meeting in your district or host a legislator meeting at your parish.*
- Promote attendance at Catholic Advocacy Day on March 26, 2015 in Olympia. (Registration will open in late Fall 2014!)
- Challenge a neighboring parish to see who can get the most people to attend Catholic Advocacy Day 2015.
- Learn about the issues the Catholic Bishops of Washington State have adopted as their legislative priorities for the 2015 legislation session at www.thewscc.org.
- Encourage parishioners to sign up to participate in the Advocacy Alerts on poverty and other issues of import to Catholic Teaching through the Washington State Catholic Conference’s Legislative Action Network atwww.thewscc.org.
*For information on becoming a parish partner, how to set up an in-district legislator meeting, or to coordinate a speaker or presenter, contact Josephine Tamayo Murray at 206.328.5701 or email DialogueforJustice@ccsww.org.